"HTML Tidy" Command don't use the specified conf. file

"HTML Tidy" Command don't use the specified conf. file

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 08, 2006#1

Hello,

I'm trying to configure several cfg files for use with HTML Tidy inside UltraEdit; currently, you have two possible ways to configure the tidy options, one is selecting the options you want from an "Ultraedit HTML Tidy options" window, the other is specifying a .cfg file with all the possible options for Tidy, my problem is that I specify a .cfg file, but ultraedit keep using the options specified in the options window (which are in the uedit32.ini file); if I delete that options from the ini file, Ultraedit regenerates them again.

Does anybody have the same problem?

Thanks in advance,

Koko McCracken

Grand MasterGrand Master

Apr 09, 2006#2

At configuration txt file -- what is it for? I have described the 2 existing HTML Tidy support methods currently existing in UltraEdit.

I have written there that the Run HTML Tidy dialog now supports specifying a config file and if no config file is specified the options are used which can be configured inside UE.

I have tested now this second Tidy support with v12.00+3 of UE and it really works as I have described.

If I execute Run HTML Tidy without a config file specified, the options are used.

If I specify my Htmltidy.cfg with correct path, HTML Tidy is executed with the options specified in this file.

Next I made a copy of my Htmltidy.cfg and set quiet to no and wrap to 75 and executed Run HTML Tidy with this second Tidy config file and really got a different HTML and Tidy output.

Last I made the path to the config file invalid in the dialog and pressed again the button Parse. With this invalid file specification I got the error message "A severe error (-1) occured." from UltraEdit.

Conclusion: I have no problem with the use of different config files for HTML Tidy.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Re: "HTML Tidy" Command don't use the specified conf. file

Apr 10, 2006#3

Hello Mofi

I've checked my cfg file and the problem was that I had spaces before the options, something like this:

Code: Select all

bare: no
                              clean: no
                         css-prefix:
               decorate-inferred-ul: no
                            doctype: auto
                   drop-empty-paras: yes
                     drop-font-tags: no
        drop-proprietary-attributes: no
                 enclose-block-text: no

I've modified it and now it's working properly

Thanks for your help!