Remove CR within multiple lines of text

Remove CR within multiple lines of text

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Oct 20, 2004#1

Trying to remove carriage returns between these lines of code. Problem is the CR can be anywhere/any position within these tags. What I had thought of doing was to find all contents between <?FRAME and DESC='TESTING'> Then convert CR to wrap. But this isn't working. Thanks for you help <smiles>max

What I have so far is

InsertMode
    ColumnModeOff
    HexOff
    UnixReOn
    Find RegExp "[<][?]FRAME .* DESC='List of Acronyms'>"
    ReturnToWrap

The sample text I'm trying to manipulate is

<?FRAME ID='2-8' TITLE='TESTING 'TESTING , 'TESTING 2.2 'TESTING 'TESTING , 'TESTING SHOWNO='Y' STYLE='../STYLES/'TESTING1.STY' PREVIOUS=''TESTING !2-7' NEXT='2-8.01'>
    <?BUTTON POS='12' SHOW='Y' LABEL='TESTING' TYPE='FRAME' LINK='z_'TESTING .sgm!4-80' BITMAP='N' DESC=''TESTING '>

<?FRAME ID='2-8' TITLE='TESTING 'TESTING , 'TESTING 2.2 'TESTING 'TESTING , 'TESTING SHOWNO='Y' STYLE='../STYLES/'TESTING1.STY'
    PREVIOUS=''TESTING !2-7' NEXT='2-8.01'>
    <?BUTTON POS='12' SHOW='Y' LABEL='TESTING' TYPE='FRAME' LINK='z_'TESTING .sgm!4-80' BITMAP='N' DESC=''TESTING '>

<?FRAME ID='2-8' TITLE='TESTING 'TESTING , 'TESTING 2.2 'TESTING 'TESTING , 'TESTING SHOWNO='Y' STYLE='../STYLES/'TESTING1.STY' PREVIOUS=''TESTING !2-7' NEXT='2-8.01'>
    <?BUTTON POS='12' SHOW='Y' LABEL='TESTING'
    TYPE='FRAME' LINK='z_'TESTING .sgm!4-80' BITMAP='N' DESC=''TESTING '>

<?FRAME ID='2-8' TITLE='TESTING
    'TESTING , 'TESTING 2.2 'TESTING 'TESTING , 'TESTING SHOWNO='Y' STYLE='../STYLES/'TESTING1.STY' PREVIOUS=''TESTING !2-7' NEXT='2-8.01'>

Oct 21, 2004#2

I guess that ReturnToWrap works only on selected paragraphs. So what you have to do in your macro is find the beginning of your text block, issue a 'StartSelect' then find the end of the block and do 'EndSelect' and then do 'ReturnToWrap'.

When Uedit does a Find in a macro, it doesn't seem to perform the selection that it does when you do the same thing manually.

Manni

Oct 21, 2004#3

Thanks! Worked like a charm.