Local Copy Directory

Local Copy Directory

NewbieNewbie

May 21, 2006#1

I'm using UE 12.10+1 with Win2K Pro and have noticed that my ability to save to the "Local Copy Directory" in my FTP account no longer functions. This has been functioning properly for quite some time. No matter what local directory I specify the local backup is made to: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Also, when I try to clear the "Local Copy Directory" text box then press "Apply" the last entry is written back into the text box. Is it possible that this is a "Win2k Pro"-only problem?

NewbieNewbie

May 26, 2006#2

I have the same problem. I just upgraded from 12.00a (I think) to 12.10+3 and this feature stopped working.

I also use Win2k Pro.

NewbieNewbie

May 26, 2006#3

eric0213 -- thanks for the reply. I just sent a note to IDM. Let's wait and see what they have to say.

UPDATE:

I just received this message from IDM:
        Thanks for your message. We had another report of this. The
        developers are looking into this issue.

NewbieNewbie

Jun 09, 2006#4

Any updates on this one?
          I have the same problem (win2k - UltraEdit 12.10)

NewbieNewbie

Jun 14, 2006#5

eric0213 and liquor:

I just downloaded UE v12.10a and the FTP "save local" issue still appears to be unresolved.

NewbieNewbie

Jul 12, 2006#6

Same thing here... its really bugging me

Aug 14, 2006#7

Still no fix? anyone else has this issue under win2k/ultraedit 12.10?

NewbieNewbie

Sep 01, 2006#8

I just got 12.10b and this is still an issue! Has anyone gotten theirs to work?

NewbieNewbie

Sep 02, 2006#9

In my case version 12.10b resolve this issue (Windows2000 pro)

NewbieNewbie

Sep 03, 2006#10

I am running XP Home and it is not working. Has anyone gotten it to work on XP.

NewbieNewbie

Sep 20, 2006#11

Howiecii, I've gotten it to work.

I'm running XP Pro, not XP Home, and I'm using a demo copy of UltraEdit 12.10b.

In the FTP/SFTP Account Manager, I set "Local Copy Directory" to the proper path. (Just in case: you can get to this from the File menu, FTP:Open from FTP command, and then click the Accounts button.)

After doing that, any remote files I edit get saved to the proper directory on my hard drive. So if I edit a file four levels down in my webiste, I get a local copy with a path looking something like:
                        C:\my_backup_dir\my_name\htdocs\one\two\three\four\my_file.html

AF-NJ: There is no Apply button on this dialog. I don't mean to be snarky, I'm just hoping this might be helpful. I found this rather confusing, myself. Perhaps you're looking at the unrelated backup options in the Configuration dialog box, which does have an Apply button?

NewbieNewbie

Sep 21, 2006#12

Yes its save the file to the same path where the file is on the remote server. I guess its the way it has been implemented...