Download with Sync

Download with Sync

NewbieNewbie

May 23, 2006#1

Can anyone confirm the difference between "Download" and "Download with Sync". For some reason the help files do not talk about these options.

My assumption is that "Download" puts anything on the remote path into your local folders. If the local folders already had files there - they would be left intact.

"Download with Sync" would basically wipe out my local folder before downloading - thus this option would ensure my local dir and remote dir are "insync" exactly.

Is my assumption correct?

Also, is there anywhere I can go to get "detailed" information on new features in 12.10 +2. The whats new list really doesnt go into the new features much and as stated above, the features are undocumented in help.

Basic UserBasic User

Dec 27, 2006#2

I'd also like to know the difference between "Download/Upload from server" and "Download/Upload with Sync". Does anyone know? (If not I will email IDM support.)

NewbieNewbie

Oct 20, 2007#3

With sync means that the files times are checked and if they don't match then they are replaced. So I believe that you had it the other way around. If you just do a plain upload/download, all files are sent and copied over.

Upload goes from UE to the remote, download goes from remote to UE.