Ctags not working with Perl regular expression engine

Ctags not working with Perl regular expression engine

Basic UserBasic User

May 31, 2006#1

Hi

I am currently running UltraEdit v12.10 on Windows XP SP2 and notice the following error:

When I have the Regular Expression Engine set to the Perl compatible Regular Expression then my ctag functionality does not work. My Tags found list returns 'No functions!' when I press F11. If I change my Regular expression engine to theUltraEdit style regular expression engine then the ctags work perfectly.

Anyone else found the same thing?

tx

Grand MasterGrand Master

May 31, 2006#2

I testet it with UE v12.10+3 and Find Symbol worked perfect even if the Perl engine is selected. Maybe you should also install the latest hotfix.

There was following entry at the hotfix from 04/26/06 for v12.00a of UE:

- Issue with ctags working correctly with perl regex.

Although you already have a newer version, update to the latest version, create the ctag file again and test if Find Symbol now works.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

May 31, 2006#3

No, installed 12.10+3 and get the same error. As long as the Perl regular expression engine is not selected the Find Symbol works. Activate the Perl regular expression engine and no such luck.

Grand MasterGrand Master

May 31, 2006#4

Very interesting. A played now with Find Symbol with different settings and it has worked always perfect. Sorry, as long as I cannot reproduce the probem I will not be able to help you further.

If not other user has the same problem and already found the solution, it would be best to contact the IDM support by email about this issue.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Jun 13, 2006#5

Just downloaded v12.10a and the ctags are working perfectly now with the Perl regular expression engine. Thanks guys!