trouble accessing via SSH on port other than 22

trouble accessing via SSH on port other than 22

Oct 27, 2004#1

I am trying to access an SSH server via SFTP/SSH in Ultraedit. No keys to start with ... just standard username/password stuff. The destination server has no FTP server running but instead has an SSH server listening on port 21.

My problem is that although the account pane in Ultraedit allows me to choose "Secure (SFTP - SSH2)" and change the port to 21 ... I am unable to connect. When I revisit the account pane in UltraEdit, the "Secure (SFTP - SSH2)" flag is unchecked (presumably by virtue of me changing port manually).

I am able to connect to the destination server with no probems using PuTTy and WinSCP with no problems, but would love to connect directly from my beloved UltraEdit!!

Any thoughts on a workaround??

War-N
    Hungry Media

NewbieNewbie

Dec 19, 2004#2

I'm not sure if you ran into the same stupid problem as I did.

I always checked the SFTP checkbox within the "Erweitert" windows (using German version, simply the checkbox above "only password", "public key only", ...)

BUT ... there is also a SFTP checkbox on the first page. Exactly in the middle of the windows.

Let me know if this was your problem and that I'm not the only one who missed the box ;-)