mapped network drive = FREEZE?

mapped network drive = FREEZE?

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 02, 2006#1

I have a network drive mapped to N:. This works fine in UltraEdit. My main project uses this drive.

When trying to add this drive to a project in UEStudio, or open a project that has this drive within it, the entire application freezes and does not come back.

Is this a common problem?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 03, 2006#2

I guess, something is searched on the drive which does not exist. It should be well known that Windows makes 3 repeats each with a 30 seconds timeout when accessing something (files, printers, ...). Use the free tool Filemon to find the problem.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jul 14, 2007#3

This is a problem I'm seeing with UES6 whenever I close the app on a file that is on a mapped drive that later is unavailable.

UES will not startup and just hangs... I've not yet found a workaround to resolve the issue but basically it's a pain in the a**.

Ahah... ok have a solution..

You need to do the following:

- Make sure UEStudio is not running.

- Start -> Run -> regedit
        (This opens regedit but be careful you can seriously screw up your PC if you don't know what you're doing!)

- Navigate to: HKCU -> Software -> IDM Computer Solutions -> UEStudio -> Recent File List

- Delete all the file references [NOT the (Default) key]

- Close the regedit window

- Open a project by double clicking on the prj file or right click a file and choose to "open with.." and use UEStudio.

Your mileage may vary but this worked for me so at least it gives you something of a clue.

Note: HKCU = HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jul 14, 2007#4

websnail, have you also enabled Reload files previously open on startup at Configuration - File Handling - Load?

Because without this setting, it should be no problem when a recently used file is currently not available because it is on a computer which is currently not available on the network.

And for all other users: websnail has enabled Use Registry for settings (not INI file) at Configuration - Application Layout - Advanced because by default the recent file list is stored in uestudio.ini.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria