I opened a command prompt window and executed the following command lines while no instance of 32-bit UltraEdit v24.00.0.56 was running:
- Code: Select all
ren "%APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit" UltraEditBackup
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit\uedit32.exe"
The directory C:\Temp\UltraEditTest
contained the following directories and files after modifying a standard theme and exiting UltraEdit:
- autorec ... directory with hidden attribute set for data recordings to be able to restore latest edits on crash of UltraEdit or computer.
- templates ... directory with the template files.
- themes ... directory with the themes.
- *.in1 ... files of the layouts.
- uedit32u.in0 ... file with current workspace configuration.
- uedit32u.ini ... file with current user configuration settings.
- uedit32u.rb0 ... file with current ribbon/toolbar/menu configuration.
But UltraEdit created additionally %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit
and put into this directory:
- wordfiles ... directory with the standard wordfiles copied from %ProgramFiles(x86)%\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit\wordfiles.
- FTPData.ini ... empty file for FTP account settings.
- FTPDataU.ini ... nearly empty file for FTP account settings with Unicode names.
- projectsu.lst ... Unicode encoded list of UltraEdit project files ever opened in UltraEdit.
- startup.log ... file created by UE v24.00 on every startup to find out why on some machines UltraEdit needs more than 2 seconds to start.
- TAGLISTU.UET ... Unicode encoded standard tag list file copied from %ProgramFiles(x86)%\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit
- Favorite Files stored in uedit*.ini depend on environment variable UEINIDIR.
- Themes storage depends on location of INI file and therefore on environment variable UEINIDIR.
- Toolbar settings stored in uedit32u.rb0 depend on location of INI file and therefore on environment variable UEINIDIR.
- Theme based font size settings stored in themes file and file extension based font settings stored in uedit*.ini depend on environment variable UEINIDIR.
The wordfiles directory can be configured at Advanced - Settings
/Configuration - Editor Display - Syntax Highlighting
. So it is possible to create directory C:\Temp\UltraEditTest\wordfiles
, move everything inside %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\wordfiles
and configure in UltraEdit C:\Temp\UltraEditTest\wordfiles
as wordfiles directory. UltraEdit checks on next start if directory %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\wordfiles
exists to determine if copying the wordfiles installed with UltraEdit is necessary independent on what is configured for the wordfiles directory. As this directory exists although not containing any *.uew file, nothing is copied and UltraEdit loads the wordfiles from configured C:\Temp\UltraEditTest\wordfiles
The FTP account settings are by default stored in FTPData.ini
in directory %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit
, but a different file can be configured at Advanced - Settings
/Configuration - FTP
by either using Store FTP accounts and settings in user selected file
or Share FTP Accounts
. See help of this configuration dialog for more details.
The location and name of the tag list file can be also configured by the user by opening Tag List
view, right clicking into the view and left clicking on context menu item Modify Tags
and use button Browse
to browse to a different tag list file, for example C:\Temp\UltraEditTest\TAGLISTU.UET
moved before from %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit
not containing any configuration settings and projectsu.lst
file which I don't know what is really for as the last used projects are also stored in uedit*.ini
are the only two files which can't be moved to directory as defined by environment variable UEINIDIR