FTP on mainframe

FTP on mainframe

Oct 18, 2006#1

I use UltraEdit's FTP ability to edit files on our IBM mainframe. I have set up the account, and can edit files by putting the file name in quotes.

Whenever I try browsing though, it tries to get a list without success - and the list is not where I ask it for, it adds on my logon prefix. I have tried putting my directory in quotes, but it doesn't work. My mainframe uses CA's FTp.

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Oct 18, 2006#2

Hi Howard

First off I'm not a mainframe guy, I'm a AS/400 guy.
      But I have a few suggestions, read this post
      FTP on MVS needs a quote for non-user-files
      FTP on MVS needs a quote for non-user-files

You didn't say what version you were using but change has been happening all over the FTP area of UltraEdit.
      FTP change in v12.10b in comparison to v12.10a
      Hmmm... So far I've only noticed improvements in ftp. I upgraded from 12.10+3 to 12.10b, so I was just happy that the appended "|" was gone.

They did make a lot of ftp fixes in the 12.10a to 12.10b update - I suppose it's possible that something got broken while fixing something else.

I would try creating a new account that points to one of the problem servers and see if it still acts that way... just in case that fixes it.
      Than just today version 12.20+1 came out with these wonderful comments.
      UltraEdit-32 12.20+1 (v12.20 hotfix only) Issues Fixed (updated on 10/17/06)
      Fixed subfolders of FTP linked folders uploaded with invalid path
      Now I've managed to copy and paste a lot of info but I didn't answer your question. So if none of the above fixes your problem fire off an email to IDM support, they'll get back to you within an hour, if it's between 8 & 5 Eastern Time.

Please let us know what words of wisdom they had to say!
      Remember we are a user forum here.

Good Luck