Good regular expression reference with examples

Good regular expression reference with examples

Basic UserBasic User

Oct 25, 2006#1

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good reference on the web for regular expressions, regular expression support with tagged expressions for find/replace, Perl compatible regular expression etc?

My search/replace stuff has started to get more complex.

I found a few references but nothing great. I wanted something that was comprehensive, and with many detailed examples.

thanks

Alan

MasterMaster

Oct 31, 2006#2

Have you tried www.regular-expressions.info? - they have quite a few examples and (I think) a good tutorial, reference and lots of examples. After having soaked up that site, I went and bought RegexBuddy (a commercial spin-off of that site) and have been using that ever since - great for testing and troubleshooting regexes, and it's easy to integrate into UE, too. One of the best investments I've made in a while, and no, I'm not affiliated with that company in any way :)

Other than that, I haven't found much on the web - in print, O'Reilly's new edition of "Mastering Regular Expression" is out now, focusing (among other things) on Perl Regexes.

HTH,
      Tim

NewbieNewbie

Nov 29, 2006#3

I LOVE Regex buddy, i have been using editpad by them for a while because UE's regex support was not so great.

I was actually coming here to see if COM plugin integration was possible