Take UE macro and map it to UE toolbar icon or context menu?

Take UE macro and map it to UE toolbar icon or context menu?

Basic UserBasic User

Oct 27, 2006#1

Is it easy/possible to take a UE macro you have written and map it to a UE toolbar icon?

I have written 3 macros and use them often enough that I would like to not need to remember the keyboard shortcuts, but rather add 3 icons to my UE toolbar to play the macro when I click the associated icon.

MasterMaster

Oct 27, 2006#2

I don't think you can use toolbar icons to run macros (unfortunately).

I leave the Macro List open at the edge of my screen and double click the macro name to run it. If you make the macro names very short, the list doesn't take much space.
      Software For Metalworking
      http://closetolerancesoftware.com

NewbieNewbie

Oct 12, 2007#3

Hello!

Is it possible to add a macro to the context menu?
        I made a macro to search for the definition of the function under the cursor and it would be very neat to add it to my right click menu :)

Regards,
        plastic

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 12, 2007#4

Don't know why you have written a macro for that job because using Ctags and Search - Find Symbol does exactly the same, but not only for functions, also for public variables, defines, etc.

However, the answer to your question is: NO. There is no chance to run a macro via menu, popup menu or toolbar at the moment (UE v13.xx).

What about a hotkey for the macro? The hotkey for command Find Symbol is maybe an offer for you because you don't use it.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Oct 16, 2007#5

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
            The reason I don't use CTags feature is because it don't seem to work with VB6 code (sometimes you don't choose which language to work with... :/).
            It seems to only index my PL/SQL procedures.

I am already using a hotkey with my macro.

Regards,
            plastic

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 16, 2007#6

Ctags can be highly customized. You can overwrite the defaults and you can even define your own Perl regular expressions to find symbols in your source files. It's worth to read the documentation for Ctags. However, you have already a working solution for you.

Run macro from toolbar

Jan 07, 2011#7

Hi, I did a search on this, and all I found were some post from 2006 complaining about the lack of this feature. Since this was so long ago, I thought I'd raise the subject again, and ask if anybody has anything new to say about this. It seems an obvious missing feature. Thanks, Keithh

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 07, 2011#8

Also with UE v16.30 it is not possible to run a macro from a toolbar.

There is the possibility to add the command Show or Hide Macro List to the toolbar to quickly show/hide the macro list view by mouse and execute one of the loaded macros by double clicking on the macro name in the view.

Since UE v15.00 it is also possible to use the Auto-Hide feature of the view to have the tab of the macro list view always visible on any side you prefer and just move the mouse over this tab to show the macro list view for executing one of the macros by double click.

And last the command Plays macro a specified number of times can be added a toolbar to quickly open the Play Macro dialog to play a macro with additional options.