How to remove the "structure" displayed

How to remove the "structure" displayed

NewbieNewbie

Nov 16, 2006#1

Hello,

I'm working with an XML file and on the right of the line numbers I have little "-" (which becomes "+"). If I click I can then hide some parts of my source.

I tried I that helps a lot with big documents.

My problem is that now my XML file (only the one I tried to play with) opens with a single line (with a "+"). Of course I can expand it but if I touch to the vertical scroll bar it "collapse" again on a single line.

Is it possible to disable this function because now I can't work anymore with my files.

Version used : 12.20a+2

Thanks,

Sebastien

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 16, 2006#2

This feature is named Code Folding. You can find the config options for it at Configuration - Editor Display - Code Folding.

According to your description at least the options Save folded lines and Enable show/hide lines and code folding are set. You can uncheck the first option which should help you.

Interesting is that I can't reproduce the effect you described with UE v12.20a+2. I have checked the 2 options and folded one block of code. Then I closed UltraEdit, restarted it, reloaded the file (block is folded), unfold it and used the vertical scroll bar. The fold is not done again automatically. I tried this procedure with both settings of option Show last line of fold in syntax highlighted files. The other 2 options were not checked.

If you can reproduce that effect please report it by email to IDM support with your XML file and a detailed description how to reproduce it so the IDM developers can fix the problem.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Nov 16, 2006#3

Thanks for your help. I tried and if I uncheck the second option (I have a french version) which is "Enable show/hide" then I can work normally.

I'll try again a send an email as you said.

Thanks again,

Sebastien