macro to change print options

macro to change print options

NewbieNewbie

Dec 18, 2006#1

Hi,

I need to change the print format to landscape and the print font in a doc.
    The best solution for me would have beed command line args but such args don't exist so I'm trying to use a macro to do that but when I record a macro the change format and print font part aren't recorded.

So I hope someone could help me. Is there a way to do such a thing in UE ?

Regards

Grand MasterGrand Master

Dec 18, 2006#2

No! But you can activate at Configuration - Editor - Advanced the option Load/Restore Printer settings and then the paper orientation is stored in and reload from the INI of UltraEdit. But be careful with this setting with a network printer. If the network printer is not always available, this setting can result in "pseudo hangs" because of long timeout of the network search for the printer.

In the INI these 2 settings are stored as:

[Print Settings]
      Orientation=2
      Restore Settings=1

Orientation=1 ... Portrait
      Orientation=2 ... Landscape

The INI settings are loaded only once when starting UltraEdit. So you cannot modify with a macro the INI settings and then print with the new settings.

You can specify the printer font at View - Set Printer Font. This setting can be specified individually for every file extension. You only have to setup at Configuration - Editor - Word Wrap/Tab Settings an additional list item for the file extension drop down list. You can specify more than 1 extension per list item. Simply specify all extensions (without the point) with same settings with spaces. For example c h inc is for *.c, *.h and *.inc files.

Now open a file with one of these extensions and specify the printer font settings which is then only for the files with the extension listed in the drop down list.

The paper orientation is not per file extension list item. That's a global settings for all files.

You can use a second INI file in the same directory as uedit32.ini with a different name with the special printer settings and use /i="path to second INI/ini file name.ini" at command line with /p to print a file with these settings.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Dec 18, 2006#3

Thanks Mofi for your help.

It works great! We have a lot of file to be printed with the same extension so we can't really use the list item but we can use different .ini files to specify our settings.
        Thanks a lot Mofi.

I hope someday there will be a windows app allowing to specify print the font and orientation in command line args.

Regards