Can anyone help me integrate VC++ 6 into UE?

Can anyone help me integrate VC++ 6 into UE?

NewbieNewbie

Dec 01, 2004#1

I'v been using UE and VC++ 6 to program recently. But i always edit my Source Codes by Ultraedit-32 and Copy&Paste into VC++ 6. i think i am very stupid. But at least, when i use Crimson Editor, it can integrate VC++, BCC & many others to compile my source codes. anyone can help me? i know how to integrate BCC5 in Tool Configuration. but i really don't know how to use UE! Thanks!!!!

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Dec 02, 2004#2

I open the same source files in VC6 and UltraEdit, but do all of my editing in UltraEdit. VC6 is set to reload files without asking permission so everytime I switch to VC6 to compile the files are updated. There is no need to copy/paste anything. It is possible to compile from inside UE with a tool, but I don't know the command. Someone posted it on the old forum so search that if it's still around.

NewbieNewbie

Dec 03, 2004#3

Thanks your reply, i found the way and it work perfectly:

To setup the tool to compile using VC++ 6 do the following:

1. Go to the advanced tab and select Tool Configuration
        2. For the command line type cl<space>"%f"<space>/link
        3. For the working directory type %p
        4. Select Output to listbox, Show DOS box, and Capture Output
        5. For Menu Item Name type "Compile with VC++6"
        6. Click on the insert button.

The compiler is now setup in UltraEdit.

You have to make sure that your path statement is set to include "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin\"

but, anybody can tell me how to run my *.exe files in UE and Dos Command? thanks!

Dec 03, 2004#4

and, i hope somebody may tell me the way that integreate MinGW into UE. I got a software named uemake. It can build an IDE in UE with many compilers, for example, VC++, Borland C++, Intel C++, Gcc and so on. but i just want to build the IDE by myself without the software. the old forum cannot access. So I cannot find any help :(

I love UE so much :oops: