No auto-sorting function list?

No auto-sorting function list?

NewbieNewbie

Jan 30, 2007#1

UEStudio v06.10b TRIAL

Hi Gents,

after having used UEdit 9.20b for ages I've finally installed UEStudio v06.10b.

My old UEdit does automatically sort the function list whenever a file is opened.

However, in UEStudio there's a problem:
    Whenever I open a project file, the function list is unsorted. I have to manually de-select "Sort list" and re-select it again to get the function list sorted.

I'm using a custom wordfile.txt (from UEdit 9.20b) for Turbo Pascal.
    Is this a problem of UEStudio or am I simply missing something?

Best greetings from Germany
    Andreas

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 30, 2007#2

You are right. There is a bug in the function list sort of UEStudio 6.10b+1. I have tested it now with one of my 'C' projects and on initial open the functions in the function list are not sorted. If I click in the context menu of the function list on Sort List to get it unsorted and click once again on it to get it again sorted, the function list is sorted now.

But this bug exists only when in the configuration dialog at IDE - IntelliTips - Function Tips the option Use Function Tips data (if available) for Function List is enabled. This option is available since UES v6.00. With this option the functions found by IntelliTips are used for the function list instead of the functions found by the function string(s) of your language definition in your wordfile. The help of UEStudio contains a detailed explanation for this option. And it looks like UES does not sort this list.

I suggest to turn off this feature as I have also done for my projects and so the function strings from the wordfile are used for the function list which are sorted according to the sort option. I will report this bug to IDM by email.

Edited on 2007-06-15: The sort bug when using the function strings from IntelliTips was fixed with UEStudio v6.30.

Hint: You should adapt your wordfile with all the new settings (code folding, indent strings, ...) to really see all amazing features of UEStudio. All the new keywords will make the language file not incompatible for UE 9.20b. Previous versions of UE or UES simply ignore keywords in the wordfile which they don't understand.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jan 30, 2007#3

Thanks a lot for your reply - you hit the neail on the head. :D

Now all I need is a halfways actual word file for turbo pascal... the one I downloaded from this website (from 2001) doesn't seem to support code folding and all the other neat little helpers...

All I need is a code folding for a

begin
        begin
        end;
        end;

structure.
        Do you happen to have a link at hand that points me to the correct entries in the word file? ;)

Best greetings
        Andreas

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 30, 2007#4

Try following:

/Indent Strings = "begin" "repeat" "asm"
          /Unindent Strings = "end" "until"
          /Open Brace Strings = "{" "(" "["
          /Close Brace Strings = "}" ")" "]"
          /Open Fold Strings = "begin"
          /Close Fold Strings = "end"

I have copied the indent strings from a Delphi wordfile. Look also in the standard wordfile.txt and syntax.txt in the UEStudio program directory and read in help of UEStudio the large page about Syntax Highlighting.

See also pascal string highlighting problem.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jan 30, 2007#5

Thanks a lot - you made my day! :) :) :)

Best wishes
            Andreas