Is there a linker additional library directory path?

Is there a linker additional library directory path?

NewbieNewbie

Apr 17, 2007#1

Is there a linker additional library directory path (like there is an include additional directory path for the compiler) for the VS 2005 compiler/linker?

Thanks from a newbie.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 03, 2007#2

I don't have installed or use Visual Studio 2005 (or any other Visual Studio) and so I can't only tell you what maybe works after reading some documentations.

First I know that nearly all compilers and linkers support environment variables and so I made a quick search with google and found the page LINK Environment Variables on the MSDN website of Microsoft. I think, the environment variable LIB is for interest of you.

Next I know that it is possible to specify environment variables for a compiler or workspace/project.
      • Open Build - Select Compiler.
      • Choose the kind of Visual Studio 2005 compiler you need, for example Visual C++ Compiler - Windows Application.
      • Click on button Edit Configuration.
      • Scroll down in the right window to Environment.
      • You see in this section already the environment variable LIB. Add the library paths you need.
      • Save the configuration local or global.
      Maybe also working is when you click on Build - Set Compiler Options, scroll down to the Linker - General section and modify Libraries = by adding additional libraries with full path.

I hope, this helps. I don't know if anything above really works.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jun 04, 2007#3

Thanks. That does work.

Regards from New Orleans. :D