tab windows font charset not working in 13.10 and active tab

tab windows font charset not working in 13.10 and active tab

Basic UserBasic User

Jun 16, 2007#1

Hi everyone!

I noticed that after upgrading to 13.10 the tab windows font charset is not working, i.e. when I save a file with a filename that has greek chars, these chars are unreadable.

Apart from that I can't tell which tab is active with the new configuration, all look alike!

Basic UserBasic User

Jun 16, 2007#2

Can't say anything to the greek char problem, but can you give me a screenshot of the new configuration tab issue?
      Because I do not see any problem here.
      Using UE + UC (German Editions) + Windows XP + Windows 7 Ultimate

Basic UserBasic User

Jun 16, 2007#3

Yes, look at the following screenshots. The first taken from the older v13.00 and the second from v13.10:

Basic UserBasic User

Re: tab windows font charset not working in 13.10 and active

Jun 16, 2007#4

Hmm...
          the active tab is marked as "pressed", so I see no problem here, but you can still change to the old tab style.

To the greek chars:

You saved the file as ááá.txt (with greek letters) with UE and re-opened it with the same filename but as "aaa.txt" as shown?
          If yes, you should report this to IDM.

Basic UserBasic User

Jun 16, 2007#5

I saved the file with 3 a greek chars from windows and opened the file with both the last two version of UE and these are the differences.

Basic UserBasic User

Jun 16, 2007#6

Hm, can't help here, because I have problems by saving it with Greek chars in spite of changing from German to greek keyboard layout.

I also have problems when opening a file with Greek letters.
              Using UE + UC (German Editions) + Windows XP + Windows 7 Ultimate

Grand MasterGrand Master

Re: tab windows font charset not working in 13.10 and active

Jun 17, 2007#7

Hm, maybe v13.10 displays the short name (8.3 format) instead of the long name. Can you rename your file with the Greek characters to more than 8 characters for the file name.

How did you open the file with the Greek characters? By opening it from with UltraEdit or by double clicking on it in Windows Explorer?

As explained in help of UE at page INI File Selection and Advanced Settings you can also specify manually the font for the open file tabs. Maybe setting the font helps. I think, by default Tahoma is used.
                Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Jun 17, 2007#8

I know that setting Mofi.
                  I have already set that. The strange thing is that while it works with the 13.00 UE's exe, it doesn't work with the new one (13.10)!