Setting up accounts for SSH

NewbieNewbie

Aug 03, 2007#1

Auto copy accounts from FTP to SSH and back

Total votes: 1
    1(100%)
    0(0%)

Poll ended at Aug 17, 2007

How do I copy my FTP accounts over to SSH accounts?

I FTP/SSH to the same servers and would like to copy the account info, instead of having to re-create accounts for SSH.

I think it would be a great feature to have in a future upgrade.

NewbieNewbie

Oct 17, 2007#2

I second this request. And auite frankly I don't see why there is two different user interfaces for defininig FTP/SFTP and or SSH?

It would make more sense if they where the same!

/Joakim

NewbieNewbie

Sep 16, 2008#3

it seem as great idea, voting, :P ,,
        ultraedit is great

MasterMaster

Sep 16, 2008#4

kaapie wrote:I think it would be a great feature to have in a future upgrade.
          sauber wrote:it seem as great idea, voting, :P ,,
          Well, you should always send enhancement requests directly to IDM (see e-mail at the top of the page) as they do not monitor this forum.

I think they have two account managers since IDM have chosen not to implement a FTP/SFTP and Telnet/SSH client themselves, but use two third party clients (from WeOnlyDo! Inc) and have kept an account manager for each "external" client.

I also always create a FTP/SFTP account as well as a Telnet/SSH account for the servers I work on, but since it doesn't change too often, it's not a top priority for me that IDM implement a single "remote system account manager" or a "copy from/to SSH" button.

Btw, UE 14.20 - which is presently in the beta test phase - has a lot of enhancements for FTP/SFTP and Telnet/SSH (stay tuned) - but the account manager is still two seperate ones.