UE crashes after opening a file with a macro

UE crashes after opening a file with a macro

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 06, 2007#1

Hi,

I have a problem with some of my macros, that nearly drive my crazy. When running them, UE sometimes (but not always!) crashed.

I thought the problem could be fixed with the actual UE-Version, but now these problem-macros make UE crashing always.

But I think I found the reason: In these macros a file is loaded at the beginning (with "Open") and manipulated by the macro. When loading the file manually by myself and run the rest of the macro (without the "Open"-line) there's no problem at all.

So the reason is probably, that the file isn't fully loaded into UE while the macro is already going to do the next commands onto it.

Is there a possibility to make the macro wait until the file is fully loaded before continuing or is there a "wait"-command in macro language?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 06, 2007#2

First you should report this bug to IDM support per email. Zip your file, the macro file, your uedit32.ini and the crash dump file to an archive and attach this zip file. Write in the email also which version of UltraEdit you use on which operating system and explain in detail the steps necessary to reproduce the problem.

I have also detected some "synchronizing" problems. In your situation try following after the Open command:

Bottom
      " "
      Key BACKSPACE
      " "
      Key BACKSPACE

Sometimes inserting a space and immediately deleting it helps.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 06, 2007#3

thanx Mofi,

but your hint didn't help, UE still crashes. I'll report that error to IDM.

MasterMaster

Aug 06, 2007#4

Would a delay at the start of the macro be of any help? Something like this as the next two lines after opening the file:

Loop 10000
          EndLoop
          Software For Metalworking
          http://closetolerancesoftware.com

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 07, 2007#5

I think I found the reason for this problem. Because of getting the files from DOS and UNIX-Systems I turned "automatic conversion into DOS-format" in UEs option ON.

When turning this conversion OFF there's no crash.