Reset Configuration to Defaults

Reset Configuration to Defaults

NewbieNewbie

Aug 14, 2007#1

Hi,

I recently purchased UltraEdit and am enjoying it greatly. I was wondering what the best way is though, to reset all configuration settings back to their default. I've looked for an INI file without much luck.

Thanks for the help,
    Tom

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 14, 2007#2

In Windows Explorer in the address bar at top of the window enter or copy and paste %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\ for UltraEdit or %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UEStudio\ for UEStudio and press RETURN or ENTER to open this directory.

You will see some files, delete all of them while UltraEdit/UEStudio is not running. Keep the subfolders, except you want to delete also the wordfiles, templates and themes.

It is of course also possible to delete only uedit*.ini respectively uestudio.ini which contains the settings which can be configured in Configuration, various context menus, FTP Account Manager (with FTP account settings stored in this INI file depending on FTP configuration), Tool Configuration and Scripts, etc. I suggest to move the files into a different directory instead of deleting them to be able to restore something if too much is deleted.

You see the path of the INI also at Advanced - Settings/Configuration - Application Layout - Advanced.

Attention: Do not delete the subfolder license if there is such a subfolder in this directory.

See also the following topics for more details:
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Aug 14, 2007#3

Worked fine. Thanks for the quick reply.