Syntax Highlighting Wishlist: INCLUDE LANGUAGE ???

Syntax Highlighting Wishlist: INCLUDE LANGUAGE ???

Sep 27, 2007#1

This may be in already, but I was looking at one of the topics about Windows Powershell and how the wordfile would be very large. Isn't the main reason because it's using the .Net Framework.

So I was thinking maybe in the big word file you could have something like this:

Code: Select all

/L16"Net Framework 1.0"
    /C1"Statements"
    etc

/L17"Net Framework 2.0"
    IncludeCSectionsFrom "Net Framework 1.0"
    /C1"Statements"
    newstatement1 newstatement2
    etc

/L18"VB.Net 2005"
    IncludeCSectionsFrom "Net Framework 2.0"

/L19"C#"
    IncludeCSectionsFrom "Net Framework 2.0"

(this is only to try to get a preliminary point across -- I know it may not make total sense)

Okay, admittedly you're likely going to use the provided MS IDEs to develop in these languages (unless you're doing MONO development) but I would think it might be more useful for keeping the wordfile small. And you'd only want to Include the "C" sections because the other language definitions would differ.

Power UserPower User

Re: Syntax Highlighting Wish list: INCLUDE LANGUAGE ???

Sep 28, 2007#2

I support this idea - we have similar problems with a number of SQL dialects and also Visual Basic dialects.

It would also be very useful if the included definition were not necessarily from the current Wordfile. This would allow project specific wordfiles to be cascaded from a common base.

Paolo
      There is no such thing as an inconsistently correct system...
      Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of reaching correctness!