30006: Cannot perform command at this time, not connected

30006: Cannot perform command at this time, not connected

NewbieNewbie

Oct 15, 2007#1

Can anyone knows how can I change time to don't receive any of errors regarding ftp/sftp timeout? Where in UE 12.00 +1 I can change that option?

THX

Power UserPower User

Oct 16, 2007#2

I don't think you can do that in a FTP client. It's the function of the FTP server to determine how long to keep an unused client connection open.

Cheers...

Frank

NewbieNewbie

Oct 16, 2007#3

I'm not sure it's true because when I try to open FTP from another machine it doesn't throw me out, moreover in putty client after I connect to the service I can leave unused client for very long time.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Re: Cannot perform command at this time, not connected

Oct 16, 2007#4

Maybe your other FTP clients send fake commands to the FTP server in the background to KEEP ALIVE the connection. Don't know if UltraEdit has also a keep alive feature. Services on a server (FTP or HTTP services like a webmail access) always disconnect after a server configured time of no request from the connected client. It should be clear why a server does not hold a connection active forever when a client does not send any requests within a specified period of time.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jan 21, 2012#5

Hi,

It's more complicated. I have two modems. One keeps the connection for about 10 minutes (DSL), the other for only 1 minute (Cable). Of course I prefer the last one actually, it's faster normally.

Asking the cable provider, he says that my modem has a minor bug. To avoid this, I have to set my TTL (Time to live) in the FTP program (FileZilla, Putty).

I understand the need to get disconnected after a while.

But I guess there is no option for this in UE? Not much to set in the FTP manager.

Thanks, Vincent

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 16, 2014#6

A keep alive feature was introduced with UE v21.20.0.1014. The option Enable Keep Alive can be found on tab Server in FTP Account Manager dialog.
              Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria