Integrate CSE HTML Validator 8.0

Integrate CSE HTML Validator 8.0

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 13, 2008#1

Hello,

I just installed CSE HTML Validator 8.0 lite edition and want to start validation in UE via "Format" -> HTML Validation. Regratably I get always the error window that CSE seems not to be installed :(

Do I have to copy a .dll or other file into a specific UE directory?

Thanks for any hint.

Regards

Gieri
    Currently using: Version 21.20.0.1004 (German Edition). Windows 8.1 x64

NewbieNewbie

Mar 25, 2008#2

I have a similar (the same?) problem -- I've just installed CSE HTML Validator v8 Pro and now UE pops up a "Can't load HTML Validator DLL" dialog whenever I try to use it.

UE used to work fine with CSE HTML Validator Lite.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Cheers,

Mike :)

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 26, 2008#3

I have not installed CSE HTML Validator 8.0. So I can't give you a definite working answer. I used Filemon from SysInternals to log how UltraEdit searches for csevalidator.dll when I click on Format - HTML Validation - CSE HTML Validator Configuration. I could see that UltraEdit searches first in the UltraEdit program directory for the DLL and then in all directories included in the environment variable PATH. So maybe copying the DLL (and other files CSE HTML Validator needs) into the UltraEdit program directory is a working solution. Maybe there is also a documentation on the CSE HTML Validator homepage how to integrate the DLL into applications.
        Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Mar 26, 2008#4

Thanks for that...

The CSE people must have renamed their dll because I see it is now it is 'csevalidatorv80.dll'. I added the install directory to my path, and I made a copy of the dll and renamed it 'csevalidator.dll' and everything now works again.

Thanks!

Mike :)

NewbieNewbie

Jan 27, 2009#5

The prob still exists with CSE9.0 and the new UES9.0. Of course it is easy enough to solve this, but I find it a bit embarrassing for UE to not fix this stuff (especially considering that the name of CSE's DLL is even stored in the registry I would assume that it should be possible to develop something a bit more robust...)

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 28, 2009#6

Maybe nobody has told IDM by email that the name of the CSE HTML Validator DLL changes with every new version. I don't have reported this to IDM. Have you reported it?
              Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria