Set line spacing on toolbar?

Set line spacing on toolbar?

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 25, 2008#1

I occasionally want to shift between single, 1 1/2, and double spacing. I know I can do that by going into the View menu and choosing "Spacing," but I'd prefer to have this possibility available on my toolbar. To my surprise, when I went to add this to my customized toolbar, I couldn't find a command to add. Did I simply miss it, or is it not possible to add this to the toolbar? (I should perhaps add that I'm using UltraEdit 14 on Windows XP Pro.)

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 26, 2008#2

These commands are really not available for the toolbar. You could open the *.tb1 file you currently use in UltraEdit and add the commands:

ID_VIEWSPACING_NORMAL
      ID_VIEWSPACING_ONEHALF
      ID_VIEWSPACING_DOUBLE

save the file, close UltraEdit and restart it. But you will not be very happy because these 3 commands have no icon as you can see in the menu. You have to create 3 bitmap files with the correct dimensions and with top left pixel color as transparent color for the 3 commands. Then you could add the 3 commands with the 3 bitmaps as follows into your toolbar profile file:

tabB ID_VIEWSPACING_NORMAL Full file name without double quotes to bitmap 1
      tabB ID_VIEWSPACING_ONEHALF Full file name without double quotes to bitmap 2
      tabB ID_VIEWSPACING_DOUBLE Full file name without double quotes to bitmap 3

That should work. But never open the customization dialog for this toolbar later in UltraEdit. It will automatically remove these 3 commands.

Best solution would be to contact IDM support per email and ask for adding these 3 commands with icons to the toolbar customization dialog in a future version.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 26, 2008#3

Thanks very much, Mofi. I think your last suggestion sounds like my best bet.

NewbieNewbie

Aug 29, 2011#4

Great answer Mofi.....

It works for me.