Compare only folders/files that exist both sides..

Compare only folders/files that exist both sides..

NewbieNewbie

Aug 02, 2004#1

Hi,

Great fan of UC, but would love to be able to compare files and folders that exists on both sides only.

This would be a massive help to us during our release process!

Any chance of getting it put in?

Steve

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 04, 2004#2

As workaround til this feature is available in Folder Compare you can use the Syncronize Dirs.. feature of Total Commander. TC is shareware and can be download from http://www.ghisler.com/ .
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 04, 2004#3

Or just get the best shareware utility of its kind, Beyond Compare 2.xx
        UC is nice but IMHO cannot compete BC.

NewbieNewbie

Aug 04, 2004#4

Yes, I agree Beyond Compare is the best. If UltraCompare gets close to Beyond Compare in features I will purchase it. I am a HUGE fan of UE, but I am using Beyond Compare for now...

Site AdminSite Admin

Oct 14, 2004#5

We have just recently released UltraCompare v2.00 and there are a lot of new features here.

You can sort on the Status in a folder compare so that you could easily see which items are unique to the source/destination directory.

We will ask the developers to consider adding an option to compare only items that exist in both the source and destination folders in a future release.

Thanks, Troy

NewbieNewbie

Jan 21, 2005#6

Hi,
              THe reason for asking for the ommission of files/folders that are not on both sides is that we have to do a lot of netword share comparisons. This can take a really long time to perform, and when our release folder only has say 15 files and the live folder has probably >300, it would be a nice feature.

Would also help us stop missing some of the changes due to sheer volume.

Still a great tool - Love it!