Is there any way to change the configuration on the fly?

Is there any way to change the configuration on the fly?

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 03, 2008#1

The switchable environments of UltraEdit 14.00a aren't that useful to me - I don't really have much need to change the toolbar and pane layout of UE.

What I *do* need is the ability to change some of the configuration settings on the fly, which the environment switcher doesn't process, as far as I understand. Therefore, is there any other way I can accomplish this - such as a script, perhaps?

MasterMaster

Apr 03, 2008#2

What you can do is calling UE with the /i option for a specific uedit.ini (and therefor specific settings).
      See online help "command parameters"

rds Bego
      Normally using all newest english version incl. each hotfix. Win 10 64 bit

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 03, 2008#3

I suppose that's an option. It's a somewhat cumbersome solution because it can't be done on the fly, but requires UE to be restarted.

I also would prefer a way to only change the settings I need toggled. Otherwise, any other changes I make to UE will get lost, unless I save them *twice*. :)

MasterMaster

Apr 03, 2008#4

A restart must be done, yes. No other option.

If your uedit32 doesn't change often you can create a template ini with placeholders and then do a replace (by a pre-process regexp-replace in a bat file or so), save the ini as uedit1.ini or uedit2.ini and then call UE with ini1 or 2.
          But I see too, not VERY handy too ...
          Disadvantage: UE updates might write new ini entries, some other changes (last files) get lost from session to session.

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 03, 2008#5

What about a script that does a search and replace of the Uedit.ini file itself? Is that something that would work?

MasterMaster

Apr 03, 2008#6

Sure. If you change it before, you do not need the /i parameter, since you edit the ONE ini file before calling UE normally.