Show cursor position on ruler

Show cursor position on ruler

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 02, 2004#1

Ever tried to figure out how many letters are in a certain line? Well, even though there is a ruler, it's still has very little use, because you can't exactly say which position is your cursor, when it's on the bottom of page. Especialy if you don't have flat display.

It would be very useful to have a little "line" that would move along the ruler showing position of the cursor. In Adobe Photoshop it's done very nicely.

P.S. Should I send an email to UE support with this request? :?

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 02, 2004#2

You do have access to the line and column number your cursor is on at the bottom of the window in the status bar. That might help a little.

Dan
      Daniel Kirkdorffer
      http://www.kirkdorffer.com/

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 02, 2004#3

Ah, yes, you are right, I forgot about that, but still, what for is the ruler if there is practically no use of it? ;)

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 02, 2004#4

Well, I don't know, but I find it somewhat useful, especially if I'm working with columnar data. I also scroll my text closer to the top sometimes to more easily match up the column position when I need to.

Still, your crosshair solution isn't bad. Maybe you should contact IDM and make the request. They've always been very open to such things.

Dan
          Daniel Kirkdorffer
          http://www.kirkdorffer.com/

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 02, 2004#5

DanKirkd wrote:Maybe you should contact IDM and make the request. They've always been very open to such things.
            It's amazing how fast these guys are responding by email! In about 10-15 minutes I've gone the reply from them.... 8O
            Andy wrote:There are currently no plans for this, however; I will ask Ian to consider this for a future release.