Configuring UEStudio to use Visual Studio 2008 command line compiler/linker?

Configuring UEStudio to use Visual Studio 2008 command line compiler/linker?

NewbieNewbie

Jul 07, 2008#1

I have been able to get up and running with mingw with minimal fuss. I want to use WinDbg so I am trying to set up the command line compiler and linker for Visual Studio 2008 Express. So for I'm not having much luck - has anyone already figured out how to set it up?

Thanks!

NewbieNewbie

Jul 08, 2008#2

I am using the Visual Studio 2008 Professional C++ command line compiler with UEStudio by modifying the configuration files for Visual Studio 2005 Express.

1st - Make a copy of the files in <UES-Dir>/configs/Visual Studio 2005/Visual C++ Compiler to <UES-Dir>/configs/Visual Studio 2008/Visual C++ Compiler.

2nd - Change the lines

RootDir = $(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE$6432\Microsoft\VisualStudio\SxS\VS7\8.0)
      VcDir = $(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE$6432\Microsoft\VisualStudio\SxS\VC7\8.0)

to

RootDir = $(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE$6432\Microsoft\VisualStudio\SxS\VS7\9.0)
      VcDir = $(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE$6432\Microsoft\VisualStudio\SxS\VC7\9.0)

That should be enough for the express version, but I needed to set the path to the SDK installed with Visual Studio professional. Since I am not compiling for .NET using UEStudio, I recycled the SDKDir environment variable which seemed to point to the .NET SDK:

SDKDir = $(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE$6432\Microsoft\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\CurrentInstallFolder)