File tab colors

File tab colors

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Sep 08, 2008#1

Is there any way in UE v14.10.0.1024 to change the actual color of the filename tabs? I want the filename tab color to be a very light blue, and then if the file is changed, instead on an asterisk, I would like the filename tab color to change to orange.

Power UserPower User

Sep 09, 2008#2

This isn't possible, even in UE v14.20 which I'm currently running. The closest you can get is by turning on the file tab colors option, which displays a small color triangle across the top left corner of the file tab. You'll need to put an enhancement request to IDM.

Cheers...

Frank

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Sep 09, 2008#3

Thanks, I noticed the "small" color in the upper corner. Was hoping to see the whole tab being colored. Much easier to see ( for me ). I will ask for this.

Power UserPower User

Dec 07, 2008#4

I've just installed UEStudio 09, and you'll be pleased to know that the filename tabs are fully colored, and the colors are selectable in the config settings.

Cheers...

Frank

Basic UserBasic User

May 29, 2009#5

With stand-alone UltraEdit, coloured tabs feature starts with version 15.00.

NewbieNewbie

Nov 04, 2009#6

Hello. Is there a way to color each tab, similar to Thunderbird where you can color a message? I would love to be able to set little groups of scripts to a given color. So I might have 5 or 6 blue tabs open and then also have other colors of files that are related.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 04, 2009#7

Yes, that should be no problem. At Advanced - Configuration - File Tabs - Colors you can enable coloring of the file tabs and specify which color should be used for which file. What most users don't know is that not just *.extension can be specified. It is possible to use any file specification using wildcards and the order is also taken into account.

For example if the first color is used for Dlg*.cpp, the second color for *Frame.cpp, the third color for *View.cpp and the fourth color for *.cpp the file tabs of my C++ source files for dialogs are colored with the first color, the file tabs of frames source files are colored with the second color, the file tabs of views source files are colored with third color and all other C++ source files use the fourth color.

Of course you can use also specify complete file names without any wildcard character.

NewbieNewbie

Nov 04, 2009#8

Hello Mofi, thanks so much for your reply and feedback. I'll try that. Would be really nice though to be able to simply right click, select a color from a menu of colors.

Thanks again.

NewbieNewbie

Mar 06, 2013#9

Hello! I have already read through the other posts above, but I am looking for a method to customize the actual tab colors. The reason is that I have a dark theme applied to my windows, so all of the tabs appear very bright and the text is unreadable.

I have also found the [TabColors] section in the Uedit32.ini file, but it appears the colors are predefined (Color 0=*.txt;*.text;*.doc).

Thank you for your time,
                    F

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 06, 2013#10

Yes, the colors as shown in the configuration dialog are defined inside uedit32.exe v18.20.0.1028. There is (currently) no method to overwrite those predefined colors with custom colors except hacking the executable of UltraEdit.

So you better send a feature request email to IDM support with the request for a customization feature of the tab colors.

MasterMaster

Mar 07, 2013#11

Just remember, when you send your feature request to edit tab colors, that you also specify that you need to edit the font color for the tab fonts as well, as you may otherwise be able to make the tabs unreadable.

I have requested this in the past, but not enough people have requested this feature for it to be implemented yet. More people need to request it.