Default position of Full Screen button?

Default position of Full Screen button?

NewbieNewbie

Sep 11, 2008#1

Hi

I've done a quick search on the forum and looked through the ini files, but cannot see how I can do this.

When I switch to full screen view, the button for returning to normal view is always in the top left corner of the screen and covers up any text in that corner. No matter where I drag it to it always returns to the same position when I switch to full screen mode using my shortcut key.

Is there any way to set the default position somewhere else, or turn it off completely?

Thanks
    Pete

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 12, 2008#2

I can see in my uedit32.ini following:

[Full Screen TB]
      Window Pos=0,1,0,0,-1,-1,963,0,1006,57

But after some tests with UE v14.20 Beta 2 and a search in uedit32.exe for "Full Screen TB" I know now that this INI setting is not used anymore. I don't know why it was removed, maybe it was a mistake. I will report this to IDM support by email.

By the way: While searching in uedit32.exe for full screen settings I found an undocumented INI setting

[Settings]
      Force Full Screen=0

If this setting is set to 1, UltraEdit will start by default always in full screen mode. This setting can be only added or changed directly in the INI. I don't know exactly which version was the first one which supported this setting. I searched in my archives for the ASCII string "Force Full Screen" in uedit32.exe and found it in the EXE of v11.10c and later, but not in v10.20d and previous.

Update: The problem with remembering and restoring the position of the very small toolbar with the symbol to turn off full screen mode was fixed in UE v15.00. The position is stored in uedit32.ini under [Settings] with FullScrButton=
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Sep 12, 2008#3

Thanks for the information - I guess you're right about that option being removed as it doesn't exist at all in my config file.

Appreciate you taking the time to look at it - hopefully they'll reinstate this at some point although it's interesting to see it isn't even referenced in the exe anymore.

Thanks again
        Pete

NewbieNewbie

Jul 06, 2010#4

But is it also possible to hide the "Return to normal view"-Button....?

Thx, kAir

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jul 06, 2010#5

No, it is not possible to completely hide this button. But you can move it to bottom right corner or top right corner where it does not really disturb displaying/editing the text of a file in full screen mode.
            Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria