Problems with en_GB-ize dictionary

Problems with en_GB-ize dictionary

NewbieNewbie

Nov 27, 2008#1

Hello,

I have a problem with aspell: even if I choose "en_GB-ize" dictionary (or some of its variants) from the UltraEdit configuration menu, UE still marks all the -ize forms as wrong. Is this only a my problem, or is it general? And in the latter, is there a way to make it work?

(I know I could simply use "en" dictionary, but that would allow also US-only forms which I do not want.)

Thanks.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 27, 2008#2

I verified the behavior you reported and you are right. It looks like UltraEdit is running Aspell with the wrong dictionary when specifying en_GB-ize although correct stored in uedit32.ini.

I used Filemon to see which files from the dictionary directory of Aspell are loaded by UltraEdit and could see that it loads always first file "en_GB.multi" which forces next loading of file "en_GB-ise-wo_accents.multi" which contains the information to load the dictionary files "en-common.rws" and "en_GB-ise-wo_accents-only.rws" which is the wrong dictionary according to the configuration.

I will report this bug to IDM.

Until this bug is fixed, I suggest you rename file "en_GB.multi" for example to "n_GB_multi" and create a copy of "en_GB-ize-wo_accents.multi" in the same directory with new name "en_GB.multi".
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Nov 27, 2008#3

Thanks a lot.

Can confirm that replacing en_GB.multi with en_GB-ize.multi (or en_GB-ize-wo_accents.multi) solves the problem - as long as one does not need to switch between the two forms..