Adding FTP files to favorites list

Adding FTP files to favorites list

NewbieNewbie

Dec 09, 2008#1

Hi,

I want to save some of my files as favorites in the lists view:

Adding a local file works only with clicking on "..." and select it manually and FTP files cannot be added through this dialog.

Is there no button in UltraEdit for adding the current file to the favorites? 8O

So I have to add a local file to the favorites, then open the uedit32.ini, search this favorite and change the path to something like this "FTP::SRV1\html/w...." for having FTP files as favorites.
    And for FTP files an aliases would be fine, not the whole path string.

(Im using the German version of UltraEdit 14.20)

regards live!

MasterMaster

Dec 09, 2008#2

Here is how:
      - Open your FTP file
      - Access menu option File - Favorite files...
      - Click Add active file

NewbieNewbie

Dec 09, 2008#3

8O I fully missed that option, because of the German label "Bevorzugte Dateien" and not "Favoriten" :(
        So I'm now happy with adding FTP files!

And what about the aliases?
        Is it possible to display just the filename (or a choosen alias) rather than the whole path?

regards live

Grand MasterGrand Master

Dec 18, 2008#4

live wrote:Is it possible to display just the filename (or a choosen alias) rather than the whole path?
          No, not yet (UE v14.20.1.1001). See also How can I only see the file name in the "Favorite Files" tab list? where another user asked for nearly the same. Best advice I have is to send also a feature request email to IDM. The more users request a feature the higher is the priority for IDM to implement it, especially when it is not really complicated as this one. Just a few lines of code, a new INI setting which must be modifiable from anywhere on the interface (configuration dialog or context menu), updated help and last translating new program resources and help text to the localized versions.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria