. and .. in FTP Open/Save

. and .. in FTP Open/Save

NewbieNewbie

Feb 10, 2005#1

It appears that UEdit now includes both . (the current directory) and .. in the list of files/directories vie FTP. It used to only show .. till I upgraded past about version 10.

Is there some way to hide the '.'? I can't think of any reason why I'd want to go to the current directory(!) so, apart from cluttering the file list, it is frustrating when you accidentally use it for navigation and go nowhere!

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Feb 10, 2005#2

I only get to see "." when I have set the filter to "-a". When I have no filter set, I only see "..". So perhaps you have either set a filter that makes the server output the current directory link or your server configuration changed?

Manni

NewbieNewbie

Feb 10, 2005#3

Ah! Now I see what is going on.... One of the reasons I upgraded was to start using FTP over SSH. It looks like this mode simply does an ls -a over SSH which shows both . and .. A normal FTP session still shows just ..

I'm guessing the reason it doesn't appear without a "-a" in normal FTP is that the .. entry is hardwired into the directory listing (it has a different icon).

It would still be handy to be able to filter out "." - can't think of any reason you'd want it cluttering a directory listing used for navigation.

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Feb 10, 2005#4

Ah! Indeed. I just checked a SFTP account and the filter input box is grayed out with -a being hardwired.

Strange. Has that been that way in version 10?

Manni

NewbieNewbie

Feb 10, 2005#5

Yup. I upgraded from 9.x so I could get our staff over to a more secure SSH based environment and that's when people started complaining about this. I just assumed it was the upgrade till we had this discussion...