Whether possible to insert "complete" html code elements?

Whether possible to insert "complete" html code elements?

Mar 27, 2009#1

I would like to know whether possible in UltraEdit: Insert "complete" HTML commands

I have been looking at NoteTab and notice that when introducing some HTML commands the code produced is "complete" or has options, for example, to introduce a numbered list with all the codes for the number of items to be produced (based on what is chosen by the user), e.g.

Code: Select all

<UL>
          <LI></LI>
          <LI></LI>
          <LI></LI>
        </UL>
    This is all inserted at one go. Also to start a webpage, NoteTab allows for choices of the type of document/type standard to be used etc.

Does UltraEdit have this type of functionality?

Victor Warner.

MasterMaster

Mar 27, 2009#2

Yes it does. You can set this up in your templates. Easy.

You could also create macros to type it for you. Depends on what is easier for you.

I have a macro where I may have text already in my document like so:

item 1
      item 2
      item 3
      item 4
      I highlight all 4 lines of items, run the macro, and it changes it to the following:

<UL>
            <LI>item 1</LI>
            <LI>item 2</LI>
            <LI>item 3</LI>
            <LI>item 4</LI>
          </UL>
      That takes the whole process a step further.

If you want just the empty list, the template is the most efficient way of doing it, though.
      “Don’t document the problem, fix it.” – Atli Björgvin Oddsson

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 27, 2009#3

A selected text can be converted also into an HTML list by clicking on the symbol in the HTML toolbar named HTML Bullets or HTML Numbering depending on if you want an unordered or ordered list. 25 HTML commands are preconfigured and can be executed also by hot keys or chords. 25 additional commands can be configured by you for execution from a toolbar. 50 templates can be also configured for execution by hot keys or chords, from a customized menu or from the template list. Scripts and macros are good for the complicated things.

Chords are really great for inserting HTML templates quickly. For example you can divide your HTML templates and HTML commands into 2 groups: block elements and inline elements. The block elements are inserted with Alt+B, letter (t ... table, p ... paragraph, r ... table row, c ... table column, d ... div) and the inline elements with Alt+I, letter (s ... span, i ... image, e ... italic/emphase, b ... bold/strong). Further "chord groups" can be made for often needed attributes or CSS properties. That makes writing HTML with a text editor really efficient.

There are other HTML related tools available in the toolbars like the style builder.
        Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

MasterMaster

Mar 28, 2009#4

Wow. See? UltraEdit does so much for you, you'll learn something new every day that just makes your life a little easier. :mrgreen: