ue11 sftp problems

ue11 sftp problems

NewbieNewbie

Feb 14, 2005#1

Hi

I am trying new 11. version of ultraedit. First I have problem with sftp opening files (ue hang with cpu on 80-100%), so I deleted all my pre saved sftp configurations and recreate them. Opening files now working correctly until...

But now I have problem with saving files. When I open ultraedit, create a new file and save as it on sftp server as Edit1 it works perfectly. But then when I close dialog and try to open another file from same server ue hang with cpu on 80-100%.

The most worse problem is editing of files on sftp server. I opened some file on sftp, change there something and when I tried to save it, with ctrl+s it hangs with cpu 80-100%. I didn't realize how I can save edited file on sftp server because it still hang with spu on 80-100%.

I tried another server with FTP (not SFTP) and there it worked ok, without any problems.

I tried older 10.20 version (because I was curious how such things like sftp in such a known editor, could not works) of ultraedit and there it worked ok, without any problems. I was afraid that older version had same problems with sftp, but this is not that case. I am glad Its only new version bug and I understand that.

I tried version 11 on other computer and same problem persist.

I tried also root account and also other user account on sftp server and it still doesn't work.

Can someone help me?
    Thank you for any answer.

NewbieNewbie

Feb 14, 2005#2

I doubt if UE's tech support folks will read your support request from this forum (in a timely manner). PLEASE email suport directly [email protected]

My experience is UE's staff will turn things around in just a few days, and simple things within the hour.

I haven't experienced your bug (yet) but in I'm sure I will. And would like a version of UE that resolves it.

NewbieNewbie

Feb 17, 2005#3

I contacted them, and they are very gr8 in responses and in colaboration to solve my problem. Unfortunately this is some very weird error, because i have same computer @ home, with same installed windows, same patches, same everything, checking sftp on same server and from home ultraedit connecting without problems. But why i have problems here i really do not know. I tried almost everything, and now i am thinking its something how our network is builded.
        Ach ach :?