Trouble Creating Toolbars

Trouble Creating Toolbars

Apr 13, 2009#1

Is it just me, or are other people having trouble creating a new toolbar and populating it with tools?

I created a new toolbar and moved a bunch of icons to it. I removed all of the other toolbars except my custom one.
    Then all the toolbars went away and my custom one never showed up. Also, once I removed the default toolbars they
    did not show up anywhere so that I could reinstate them.

I reset all toolbars, which got the originals back (sacrificing the one I spent the time to create), then created a new one again,
    this time just putting one tool on it and only removing -some- of the original toolbars, not all of them, but alas, I cannot
    make my newly created toolbar show up among the other toolbars for love nor money.

Does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

JGS

Grand MasterGrand Master

Apr 13, 2009#2

Which version of UltraEdit do you use and where are your toolbars stored (depends on your version)?

Maybe you have with your current account no write permission for the directory or registry where the toolbars are stored.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Apr 13, 2009#3

The version is 15.00.0.1035

I didn't customize where toolbars would be saved, so I presume wherever the default is, that would be where they would be.

Since this is a personal laptop, I have full permissions throughout the file system.

JGS

Grand MasterGrand Master

Apr 13, 2009#4

Okay. UltraEdit v15.00.0.1035 has multiple toolbar configuration files, 1 file for every environment. You can switch between the environments via View - Environments. All the configuration files for an environment are stored in the directory of the INI file currently used by UltraEdit. You can see the full path and file name of the INI in use at Advanced - Configuration - Application Layout - Advanced. The location depends on your operating system (version and language) and your Windows user account name. If you enter that path or %appdata%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\ in the file edit field in the file open dialog (Ctrl+O) and press key RETURN, you should see all the configuration files. *.tb1 are the text files containing the toolbars information. Open a file with extension tb1, insert a space, delete it with BACKSPACE and save it. If that works, the files are not write protected.

I suggest to customize the toolbars to what you like, then open View - Environments and press the button Save Current State As. Next select your environment. After exiting UltraEdit and restarting you should see your customized environment.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Apr 13, 2009#5

Thanks Mofi, I'll give that a try and see how far I get.

JGS