How Can I Fold a Vertical Docked Toolbar?

How Can I Fold a Vertical Docked Toolbar?

Apr 22, 2009#1

In my previous version of UE32 (12.20b+1), I had the Main Toolbar folded into a nice compact 4-wide-by-9-tall frame that was docked onto the left edge of the main UE window frame. Admittedly, this left some blank space below it, but the command icons were nicely within mouse reach.

Now that I've updated to 15.00.0 1043, I can no longer find a way to make that happen. The Toolbar can be folded only if it is undocked, in which case it floats over the document I'm editing and is of course constantly in the way. If I dock the Toolbar along the left edge, it becomes a 1-column list of icons, with many of them missing and available only via the "Toolbar Options" button at the bottom of the column.

That "Toolbar Options" button seems to have two icons on it: to the left are two stacked V's which one would expect to use to either scroll to or somehow expose the icons below the lower end of the column; to the right is something close to |> which certainly looks like an invitation to make the toolbar wider than one column.

However, these Options button icons are both on the same button, and it does not permit making the toolbar wider. Also, the right edge of the docked toolbar column is not grabbable, so I can't widen it that way, either.

Am I missing some other option somewhere that might let me get back to the workspace I had under 12.20b+1?

Thanks very much and God bless!
    Jack O'Sullivan

Grand MasterGrand Master

Apr 23, 2009#2

In UE v12.20 there was only 1 toolbar possible which could be expanded over multiple lines. Now a toolbar cannot expand anymore over multiple lines. But you can have more toolbars. So split up your toolbar with all your commands (icons) into 4 toolbars. Than you can dock all 4 toolbars on the left side as in UE v12.20. Click with right mouse button on your toolbar and select Customize Toolbar. Add 3 additional new toolbars and then move some of the commands from 1st toolbar to the 3 additional toolbars to get what you have used till now.

The advantage is that you can enable/disable the toolbars now separately like in MS Office applications to increase your edit area.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Apr 25, 2009#3

Thanks very much, Mofi!

And thanks especially for all your dediction to this forum ... great job!

God bless!