Problem With Recent Projects List

Problem With Recent Projects List

NewbieNewbie

Feb 16, 2005#1

The menu item "Project" has a recent projects list. My problem is, that some projects are shown with just its name and some with path included in the entry. Example:

Project
    --------
    New Project/Workspace
    --------
    Project1
    C:\My Projects\...\Project2

The "C:\My Projects\...\Project2" entry should just be "Project2". I don't know why it shows one project with path and one with just the name. Is there any hidden option I havn't found yet?
    Some info about the projects I made:
    Project1 is located C:\My Projects\Project1\ and the project file is Project1.prj
    Project2 is located C:\My Projects\Project2\ and the project file is Project2.prj
    If I open Project2 via "Project" -> "Open Project/Workspace", then it's shown as Project2 in the recent list under "Project" until next start of Ultraedit. After the next start the "Project2" entry is "C:\My Projects\...\Project2" again.
    The same strange behavior applies to the "File" -> "Recent Projects/Workspace" listing.

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Feb 17, 2005#2

Same here. I haven't got the foggiest idea what makes some of those entries have a path and others just the file name. In fact, I found two entries in my Projects menu where both .prj files live in the same directory. For the first, the past is displayed, but not for the second.

Manni

NewbieNewbie

Feb 17, 2005#3

I have seen this on my setup also. It appears that if the last file that was opened comes from a directory different than the one that holds the .prj file, the path is shown in the project menu. If I open a file from the same directory that holds the .prj file, the menu will now not show the path for that project name.

NewbieNewbie

Feb 17, 2005#4

I can't confirm the different path thing. I made a new project with only one file and it's in the same dir. as the (only) file in the project. The project is still shown with path.