How to switch Spell Checker Dictionary on the fly?

How to switch Spell Checker Dictionary on the fly?

NewbieNewbie

Jun 02, 2009#1

My work consist of answering technical support questions in both French and English. I would like to know if there is a way in UE to switch the spell checker dictionary on the fly, maybe using a keyboard command. For now, my process is the following:
    1. "Advanced" menu;
    2. Configuration...;
    3. Spell Checker -> Dictionary;
    4. Select appropriate dictionary, Apply, OK.

As you can see, this doesn't take half a sec to complete.

Thank you,
    Carl

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 03, 2009#2

In the Check Spelling dialog there is the button Options which opens the miscellaneous spell checker options dialog. That makes it possible to more quickly change the dictionary. But it is not possible to switch to another dictionary faster.

Another possibility is to use for French spelling checking UltraEdit with a second INI file identical to uedit32.ini but with the difference that the French dictionary is configured instead of the English one as in uedit32.ini. Copy uedit32.ini in the same directory to uedit32_fr.ini and create a shortcut to uedit32.exe with the additional command line options /fni /i="path to INI files\uedit32_fr.ini". If you use for your French text the UltraEdit started with that shortcut, the spell checking is done with the French dictionary.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jun 04, 2009#3

Great Mofi, thanks!

Is their a way to distinguish between both programs when they are running? It would be perfect if I could change the name of the application in the window to something like "UltraEdit - FR" ...

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 05, 2009#4

No, not the title. But you could use for example a slightly different background color for the edit area to easily see if the current instance of UltraEdit is the one using the French dictionary.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria