What crypto algorithm could not negotiated error?

What crypto algorithm could not negotiated error?

NewbieNewbie

Jul 18, 2009#1

I am using UltraEdit for Windows v15.00.0.1047. Whenever trying to connect to SFTP using browse menu and then clicking connect it gives me this error.
    If I try to use SSH/Telnet console and click on connect, it just disconnects as soon as possible and provide no error. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Jul 20, 2009#2

I see this when my account is locked out on the Unix side. If it is locked, then unlock it. Should work.

NewbieNewbie

Sep 09, 2009#3

No my account is not locked. I can log into my account using SSH or WinSCP but not using UltraEdit.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 09, 2009#4

Have you verified that for the SSH account you are using here the correct settings are set on the tab Authentication in the SSH/Telnet Account Manager dialog?

Or do you use SSH for FTP? Then you have to set the correct settings on tab SSH/SSL in the FTP Account Manager dialog.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Nov 14, 2009#5

I have UE 15.00 (and requested an authorization code to upgrade to 15.20) and have this problem with my webhost as well. I have checked all the settings multiple times and I can log into other devices with SFTP, but not with my webhost because I haven't changed anything there in some time.

I submitted a ticket about the issue and received this reply:
            The supported SSH ciphers were changed several months ago due to security concerns. You may want to try updating your problematic software to the latest version and see if that helps. If not, I'm afraid you'll have to use another program which supports the necessary ciphers. The latest versions of PuTTY and FileZilla will work.
            I am in the process of trying to get the information on what ciphers are supported, but barring that what can be done?

Additional info: the supported ciphers are aes128-ctr, aes256-ctr, arcfour256, and arcfour.

NewbieNewbie

Jan 03, 2010#6

I have the same issue - can't connect using SFTP to OpenSolaris - though command line works fine - running UE 15.20 - anyone has any suggestions?

NewbieNewbie

Jan 04, 2010#7

Apparently there are no workarounds on the client side if the cipher isn't supported. You'd have to implement a supported cipher on the server.