Installation "Problem" on Windows 7 RTM

Installation "Problem" on Windows 7 RTM

NewbieNewbie

Aug 13, 2009#1

Hello,

I want to report a problem in the installer of UltraEdit.

I'm using Windows 7 RTM x64. My user account has administration rights (with UAC enabled).

When using the installer, the installation just works fine until a point where the installation does not continue any more. The user does not see any reason why this happens. After some time I've noticed that there was a message poping up in the background and when the user clicks on OK, the installation is finished. Let me clarify that the installation does NOT continue without any user interaction.

So please fix that problem with one of the next hotfixes, it's very annoying.

Attached is a image of the message.

Best regards,
    Andreas G.
    UltraEdit_Installer_Problem.png (134.14KiB)

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 13, 2009#2

You have to write an email to IDM about this issue.
      Using UE + UC (German Editions) + Windows XP + Windows 7 Ultimate

NewbieNewbie

Aug 13, 2009#3

Hi,

thanks for your answer. I will do this now.

Best regards,
        Andreas

Aug 18, 2009#4

I have had the same problem when attempting to install in Windows 7 and the solution for this was:

- Open a command prompt, make sure you use "Run As Administrator". find the cmd.exe file. right-click and select "Run as administrator"
          - In the command prompt, locate and run the appropriate installation file.

Basic UserBasic User

Sep 24, 2009#5

Hint:

You can also type "cmd" in the Windows 7 - Search-Box and press: CTRL+SHIFT+Enter to execute it as administrator :)

(NOT possible with "WIN+R")
            Using UE + UC (German Editions) + Windows XP + Windows 7 Ultimate