Macro recorder does not work properly for Select All in UE v15.10

Macro recorder does not work properly for Select All in UE v15.10

NewbieNewbie

Aug 23, 2009#1

Good day.
    When I need to delete (or empty) a bunch of files, I create an macro with "Ctrl+A" or the "Select All" button to select the complete page. Then I use the delete button, the save button and the close button. Normally this creates an empty file. However, when I use this macro, it appears there is no text selected and thus nothing is removed. I remember that in earlier versions this macro worked fine.

Does somebody has some explanations and/or solutions for me please?!

TIA
    Andre Linoge

Grand MasterGrand Master

Aug 23, 2009#2

I executed with UE v15.10.0.1031 your steps (with using the hotkeys and not the mouse) while quick recording a macro. The recorded macro code was:

InsertMode
      ColumnModeOff
      HexOff
      SelectAll
      Bottom
      Key DEL
      Save
      CloseFile

The command Bottom is definitely a bug. In causes the cursor to move to bottom of the file and because the selection mode is not enabled, the selection is dismissed. In previous versions (UE < v14.20) no command Bottom is recorded. The command Bottom is also total nonsense because the cursor is at top of the file after selecting entire file content with Ctrl+A. I reported this bug of the macro recorder to IDM by email.

Use following macro code:

InsertMode
      ColumnModeOff
      HexOff
      SelectAll
      Delete
      CloseFile Save

Well, I don't know why you do not simply delete the file instead of deleting just its content, but the macro does now what you want.

This bug of the macro recorder was fixed with UltraEdit v16.00.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria