Spell checker option "Ignore words with mixed case" not working?

Spell checker option "Ignore words with mixed case" not working?

Basic UserBasic User

Nov 27, 2009#1

Dear,

For the first time I enable the UE Spell Checker option. I choose "Enable spell as you type", and since I am using "Syntax Highlightning" I enter the option EnableSpellasYouType like this :
    /L15"Text files" EnableSpellasYouType Nocase Block Comment On = ( Block Comment Off = ) String Chars = " File Extensions = TXT
    My problem now is that words with mixed case are still marked by the spell checker. "ResultsViewer" is underlined with red dotted line. Same with "words in all caps" and "words with numbers".
    I restarted the application after turning on spell checker, and after editing the highlighting file, but it still does not work as expected.

I presume I am doing something wrong, but cannot see what.

Would be glad for a hint to push me in the right direction.

Using UltraEdit 15.20.0.1022.

Kind regards

Jørn Hanssen
    Kind regards

Jørn

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 27, 2009#2

Spell checking in UE is done with open source GNU Aspell. See the GNU subdirectory in the UltraEdit program directory. The Aspell library installed with UltraEdit has the version 0.60.4. Aspell is also several times mentioned on the help pages for the spell checking options including links to the website of Aspell.

Interesting is that in the manual of Aspell I can't find the option for ignoring words with mixed case. So you better ask IDM support by email for clarification.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Dec 03, 2009#3

Thanx a bunch for your quick reply !
        IDM support wrote:Thanks for your message. In my understanding, the spell checker (and spell as you type) will ignore words with mixed case if they are correctly spelled but include mixed case. The word you are using (ResultsViewer) is not a correct word, so it is identified as incorrectly spelled.
        ... so basically I expected words with mixed case letters to be totally ignored, but they still have to be correctly spelled.
        Kind regards

Jørn

Grand MasterGrand Master

Apr 28, 2010#4

The list of fixes and enhancements IDM published with hotfix 16.00.0.1040 contains the entry
          IDM wrote:Spell As You Type now respects ignore options
          So without testing it by myself the spell checker option Ignore words with mixed case should work now also for spell check while typing. The version of aspell6.dll is now 0.60.6.2.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria