Delete all matching lines in one file

Delete all matching lines in one file

NewbieNewbie

Dec 02, 2009#1

Let's say I load 2 txt files in UltraCompare... program finds matching lines, now, how do I delete all those matching lines from either one txt file? Is it possible?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Dec 02, 2009#2

Here is the first solution.

Click on the toolbar on the icon with the red equal sign and the slash through the equal sign or use View - Just Differences.

Press Ctrl+A to select all different lines in one of the 2 files and press Ctrl+C to copy them to the clipboard.

Click on the toolbar on the icon with the black asterisk or use View - All.

Click anywhere inside the file window to discard the current selection.

Press Ctrl+A to select all and press Ctrl+V to replace the selection with the text copied before.

Please note: I have just detected that for the example files I used the last different line of one file was not copied to the clipboard. For the other file everything was correct.

A second solution is to choose at Options - Configuration - Backup & Save the output format Display result for one frame only.

Then click on the toolbar on the icon with the red equal sign and the slash through the equal sign or use View - Just Differences.

Next click into left or right frame depening on which differences should be saved into a file.

Click on File - Save Result and after saving the file, open it in UltraEdit (or any other text editor) and delete the header, the footer and the line numbers with the difference indications for example in column mode or with a regular expression replace.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Dec 06, 2009#3

thanks