UltraEdit FTP File Dates Incorrect

UltraEdit FTP File Dates Incorrect

Jan 01, 2010#1

I have noticed that the dates in the UltraEdit FTP Window are not all correct and don't match the Linux web server I have.
    One file has a date/timestamp on the server of:
    -rw-r--r-- 1 apache apache 117953 Dec 31 18:29 Notify.log
    and the FTP Window shows date of: 1/1/2009 1:29:00AM so it is obviously very far off.
    One other file in this directory is also showing a date from almost a year ago. Neither of these files (nor the directory they are in) existed back then. There are 8 other files in this directory and they are closer to matching, but some are still hours off.
    The Server date and time is the correct one. The server's clock is set within a couple of minutes of actual time.
    My UltraEdit version is: 15.20.0.1022 running on a WIN XP SP3 system.
    Attached is a snapshot of the Server directory and the FTP window.
    I don't think I am looking at this wrong...
    UltraEdit-FTP.jpg (137.01KiB)
    Snapshot of FTP session and UltrEdit FTP window.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 01, 2010#2

I'm not using the FTP feature of UltraEdit, but the file dates are not very far off. The difference is +7 hours. Okay, for Dec 31 18:29 (year? 2007, 2008, 2009?) the correct date with +7 hours would be 1/1/2010 1:29:00AM under the estimation that the year of the file date is 2009. This wrong year calculation is maybe really a bug inside UltraEdit which you should report by email to IDM, see top of the page.

What happens when you enable in the FTP account manager dialog for this FTP account the option Use MDTM and SIZE on the Server tab?
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria