Creating new files under FTP in UE3

Creating new files under FTP in UE3

NewbieNewbie

Jan 27, 2010#1

I have been using UE3 for about 2 months now and it seems to be a pretty stable piece of software that I can find myself using. But one thing I find myself wondering is if you can create a new file under a new directory. Is this possible?

Power UserPower User

Jan 29, 2010#2

I don't use UE3, rather UE and UES. In both of them, when you have the FTP browser window open, if you right click in the right (host) pane, 2 options are available - "make new directory" and "create new file".

Cheers...

Frank

NewbieNewbie

Feb 01, 2010#3

Well, I know, that is the case when you have files already in the folder. But let's say you create a directory and then want to create a file under that new directory, you cannot do that.

Also, if you uncheck the "View only current folder", then you are also unable to create new directories/files.

Seems like a bug.

Power UserPower User

Feb 01, 2010#4

Using the FTP browser, I just tried from from my home directory on the unix server I use to right click and create a new directory I called /test. Then I opened that directory and right clicked again to create a new file, which I called test.txt. This created a new file of 0 bytes in size, in the new directory I had just created.

Cheers...

Frank

NewbieNewbie

Feb 01, 2010#5

Ah, I see where the confusion is. You are creating those under the browser, but I am talking about doing inside the files pane itself (where files and directories are displayed next too an open file window).

Power UserPower User

Feb 01, 2010#6

OK I see what you mean. The same thing applies. As long as you have your FTP accounts displayed in the file manager (Advanced / configuration / FTP /Display FTP accounts setting checked), you can click on any of the shown FTP accounts, and UE will retrieve the file/directory list for that account. You can then right click on the account and use the new directory / new file options as per the browser.

Cheers...

Frank