FTP Component failure

FTP Component failure

Mar 21, 2010#1

Hi

I'm trying the trial version of the ultraedit, and want to set up a ftp connection, but I keep getting the following error message:

FTP Component Failure:

Code: Select all

Unable to initialize FTP compnent. Please register component:

1. Close UltraEdit.
    2. Open command prompt as Administrator.
    3. Change directory to the UltraEdit installation directory.
    4. Type: regsvr32.exe wodFtpDLX.dll.

If component fails contact support: [email protected].
    I followed the instructions (besides contacting support), and get a new message saying:

Code: Select all

The module "wodftpdlx.dll" may not compatible with the version of Windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of regsvr32.exe.
    Can anyone help to get the program to work, because I'm dying to try it out, based on the reviews I have read.

Btw I'm using win 7 64 bit.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 22, 2010#2

Have you really run regsvr32.exe wodFtpDLX.dll as administrator from real directory where UltraEdit is installed?

Please note that non English Windows Vista and Windows 7 do not show you the real directory names on hard disk because of using NTFS links. For example on a German Windows Vista / Windows 7 the Windows Explorer shows C:\Programme, but this folder is just a link on the hard disk and the real program directory name is C:\Program Files.

There are no 64-bit versions of the DLL and OCX files needed for the FTP feature. The 32-bit versions should work also for 64-bit Windows.

I have attached a registry file containing the keys registered for the FTP feature of UE v16.00 on Windows XP 32-bit. I don't have ever seen a 64-bit Windows and therefore don't know if the paths in registry are different on 64-bit Windows. Please note that the registry file contains my installation path for UltraEdit which is C:\\Programs\\UltraEd. You surely must replace all these strings in UltraEdit and save the registry file, before you can import the registry file as administrator using Regedit. Take care to always use \\ for every \ in the path to UltraEdit program directory.
      Register_UE_FTP_Client.zip (2.33 KiB)   1245
      ZIP archive containing the file for registering the FTP client of UE v16.00.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Your regfile worked

Mar 22, 2010#3

I'm positive that I followed the directions correctly and completely...

But your regfile worked! It works perfectly now, thank you. It's just curious that the installation did not add the right registry information on my computer.