Menu Window locks up, fixed with UE v16.10.0.1035

Menu Window locks up, fixed with UE v16.10.0.1035

NewbieNewbie

May 29, 2010#1

Just upgraded to v16.10.0.1021 uneventfully, but upon trying to use it, most everything works but oddly, the Windows menu item at the very top does NOT work. If I click on any of the others, the menu opens normally, but the Window one will not.

Windows XP SP3 environment.

Anyone else seeing this? Better, is there a fix? I've tried rebooting, but didn't help. I can reinstall it, but only if I have to, I guess.

Even odder. I discovered that if there is no file editing window open, the Window drop works fine. As soon as I either open a file or simply click on New file, it freezes everything and I have to abort out of UE.

Weird...

TIA

elaine

NewbieNewbie

May 31, 2010#2

Hi,

If I set the entry
      "OldMenuWindowList" to 0
      (Uedit32.ini) the "windows" menu opens normally.
      Change it to 1 -> UE freezes.

Before version 16.10.0.1021 it works always.
      In my opinion, it's a little bug in the new version ...
      Best regards from Germany.

NewbieNewbie

May 31, 2010#3

Excellent!! That worked!! The full solution in the configuration turned out to be here:

Application Layout - Advanced
        Clear check box for Old-Style Window List

Thanks so much RoyFX7!!

elaine

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jun 01, 2010#4

Hm, I'm also using currently UE v16.10.0.1021 on Windows XP x86 with SP3, have 19 files open and configuration setting Old-style window list is also checked, but I don't see any problem with menu Window on the main menu. Perhaps another setting is also important. I'm using non dockable open file tabs with type Single line - scrollable.

Jun 25, 2010#5

Fixed hang when clicking Window list when old-style window list and dockable file tabs are both enabled
            According to the change list of hotfix version 16.10.0.1035 this issue (which I could not reproduce) should be fixed now in UltraEdit v16.10.0.1035. Could someone having this problem confirm here that the problem is solved in UE v16.10.0.1035 with a post? Thanks.
            Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jun 29, 2010#6

Yes, I can confirm it.
              This problem is solved in UE v16.10.0.1035.
              Best regards from Germany.