Remember last path

Remember last path

NewbieNewbie

Mar 10, 2005#1

Hi guys,

i am currently evaluating ultraedit (i am coming from the mac and was using bb*dit). Is there an option to let the ftp open dialog remember the last used path where an open operation happened ?

I am opening a php file via ftp and then notice i need an addtional file and the ftp-open dialog always goes back to the initial site-path when i am connected ?!?

Thanks,

nycab :wink:

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Mar 10, 2005#2

I don't think that this can currently be done. But it would be really nice. In fact, I have setup several account in UE for just one real FTP account just to cut down on the time I spend navigating the FTP dialog.

Manni

NewbieNewbie

Mar 10, 2005#3

yikes :cry:

who needs all the bloat if even the _simple_ functions aren't fully thought through :evil:

btw. a simple functions dropdown (combobox) would be nice instead of the "function list" which takes far to much screenspace away :?

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Mar 10, 2005#4

Hi Nycab

I sort of have the same issue but I found a very simple work around.
          I have setup lots of "Account"s but they really point to different sub-directories on the same server. Here is a example
          Main-Server_Sub-DirectoryA
          Main-Server_Sub-DirectoryB
          Main-Server_Sub-DirectoryC

For each "Account" I have changed the "Initial Directory" to point the directory I need. Hey it's a quick work around and it works for me.

Hope that Helps

Just a FYI I'm a old BB man myself!
          The release of version 11 is not normal for IDM!
          UE has been a rock solid editor and will be again, just give them some time!

I truly believe UE is a great value:
          A) Because of its capabilities as a editor
          B) Because of it's price
          Give Ian a chance to work out the optional features (aka bugs).
          I can personlly can say I've been very happy with UE!!!

NewbieNewbie

Mar 11, 2005#5

hey :)

thanks for the tip :wink:

it really should remember the last directory (an option in the site/account preferences would be nice). Oh and btw. i want my function-list combobox with a rock-solid perl/php/java-function-parser :wink:

(psst idm guys take a serious look @ b*edit for the mac) :twisted:

NewbieNewbie

Mar 16, 2005#6

Using v11.00a+, I found that if I leave the "Initial Directory" entry blank, it "remembers" the previously used directory as (I believe) this information is saved in UE's .ini file.

HTH,
              Diakonos

NewbieNewbie

Mar 29, 2005#7

This was working since v10.00+ (my first ultraedit version... :) )

There is a way to use "favorite" directories. In the Change Dir dialog when you change to a directory (you must type it by hand) it will remember that and when you come back then you can select it from a dropdown. The only disatvantage of this that it can't be resized so if you have a long path you won't see the end of the path in the dropdown. (I will write to support too...)

Mar 29, 2005#8

I have an annoying problem with SFTP. Sometimes when I save (or when UE auto save) remote files it displays an error message that it can't save file "Error saving..." but when I click on the cancel button it saves the file after all. The really problem is that in this case it concatenates dummy characters to the end of my document. I notice this error since 10.00+

Anybody has noticed this problem ever? Is it a configuration problem?

Pimpa

NewbieNewbie

Jul 21, 2009#9

diakonos wrote:Using v11.00a+, I found that if I leave the "Initial Directory" entry blank, it "remembers" the previously used directory as (I believe) this information is saved in UE's .ini file.
                    Diakonos, thanks for this tip - it works as a crude workaround.

+1 for this as an actual feature in the product.