Taglist file for BBCode

Taglist file for BBCode

Power UserPower User

Sep 29, 2006#1

Hi,

I've created a series of macros for adding BBS type commands so I can compose my postings (like this one) in UE.

Here's an example:

Code: Select all

InsertMode
    ColumnModeOff
    HexOff
    UnixReOff
    Find MatchCase "^s"
    Replace All SelectText "[b]^s[/b]"
    IfNotFound
    "[b][/b]"
    Key LEFT ARROW
    Key LEFT ARROW
    Key LEFT ARROW
    Key LEFT ARROW
    EndIf

Code: Select all

If there is a selection, surround it with [b]...[/b] if not, insert [b][/b] and place the cursor where I can start typing...
    However, a while back (possibly less than two months ago), Mofi (I think) wrote about a more native UE functionality to achieve the same thing. Since I can't remember the feature name, I can't search for it in the forums (or even the Help). :oops:

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

TIA,
    Paolo
    There is no such thing as an inconsistently correct system...
    Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of reaching correctness!

Grand MasterGrand Master

Re: Alternative to this BBS macro

Sep 29, 2006#2

Templates and tags can do the same. Templates are limited to 50. There is no (as far as I know) limit for tags stored in the taglist file.

For templates see in Advanced - Display/Modify Templates. For the appropriate help page simply press F1 when the dialog is open. The defined templates are show in the Advanced menu and there is also a list window - View - Views/Lists - Template List.

For tags first open the tag list window at View - Views/Lists - Tag List and then press the right mouse button in the tag list view to popup the little context menu with the single item Modify Tags.

The help for tags is a little bit pure. There is in help Tag List command and Tag List Modify (Tag List context menu). You can test how tags work if you use the default taglist.txt, select the Tag Group HTML - Tags and then double click for example on Bold with or without a selected text.

I suggest to use tags for BBCode tags. When you are finished, can you post it. I would be interested in too. I'm just wondering why nobody (including myself) has defined already a BBCode tags tagfile.

More information about tag lists can be found at the Tag Lists download section (there is also a readme.txt) and in my post at taglist file with some extra hints.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Power UserPower User

Re: Alternative to this BBS macro

Sep 30, 2006#3

Thanks Mofi,

it WAS Tags - I remember now that there are two distinct kinds of Tags in UE and I hane never used this kind in this way...

I'll have a go and post some results...

Paolo
        There is no such thing as an inconsistently correct system...
        Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of reaching correctness!

MasterMaster

Oct 05, 2006#4

Thx dudes.
          I tried out tagfiles now too and it works 100% in my office with 12.10a.

On my personal PC (XPsp2, 12.10b) tagfiles do not work.
          Tagfile "windows" is empty there :-( "no tags" in the combo-box.
          I also do not see any entry of my 4 tagfile-groups !?

- I use the identical tagfile.txt
          - tagfiles-settings direct to this file
          - admin-user

Don't have any more ideas. Do you ?

Thanks Paolo and Mofi for their help with the tagfile problem (posts deleted by Mofi). What I have done to solve it.

copy taglist.txt from C:\Program Files\TOOLS\Editor\UltraEdit to c:\
          notepad-Edit of uedit32.ini to taglist point to c:\taglist.txt

result: It works !

closing UE. copying taglist back to uedir.
          Starting UE and there point taglist back to UE-Tagfile via "browse".
          Works also !

Don't know what it was, but it's gone (free interpreted Cinderella song ;-)).

:-) Bego
          Normally using all newest english version incl. each hotfix. Win 10 64 bit

Grand MasterGrand Master

Nov 08, 2006#5

To all other forum users reading this:

The BBCode taglist file created by Paolo and me is available now on user-submitted tag and autocomplete files page.

What do you think about it? Is there a BBCode missing?

Suggestions for an improvement are welcome. A report about mistakes too.

Please note: Not all codes can be used in the IDM user forums.

Hey, is there a smilies expert out there which would create a taglist file for smilies?